My work explores relationships that develop between mark intensities, colour harmonies and surface textures.
Things that cant be explained in words, responses to living, are translated in my own unique visual language. It serves as an interpretation of the gritty complexities of the human condition encountered day to day in this increasingly ever connected world.
This language provides a portal into my subconscious, in turn it offers the viewer an opportunity to access theirs. I leave interpretation open, inviting the viewer to add something of themselves to the viewing experience, trying to initiate a conversation between myself, the surface and the viewer.
I allow the work inform itself, using energy that is spontaneous and direct, placing emphasis on materiality. Scale space and the movement of the artist become mediums of their own, equally important in the communication.
Nate Finch is a South Australian visual artist based in the Adelaide Hills. Nate's work transitions from wall to canvas, he has undertaken personal and collaborative large scale mural projects in public spaces and for private clients. Nate has exhibited work in galleries and shows both locally and interstate. After graduating with a Bachelor of Visual and Creative Arts from Adelaide College of the Arts and Finders University Nate was selected to exhibit in the 2017 Helpmann Academy Graduate exhibition.
Formal training as a sign painter and his background in mural work has lead Nate to the work he creates today. Expressive, energetic, non representational canvas pieces that can border on mural scale and focus heavily on exploration of colour, texture and the combination of differing mediums.
Nate is available to contact for commission work, all work is available to purchase unless marked sold.
BA. Visual and Creative Arts, Adelaide College of the Arts and Flinders University
- 2018 Without Retreat. with Madeliene Collopy, B.M.G. ART, Marleston, S.A.
- 2015 Orbstraction. The Space, Adelaide C.B.D.
- 2013 Stay Nasty. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2017 Helpmann Academy Graduate Exhibition, Torrens Parade Grounds, Adelaide C.B.D.
- 2016 Ingress. Adelaide College of the Arts Graduate Exhibition, Light Square Gallery, Adelaide C.B.D.
- 2015 Indecisive Face. Tenth & Gibson, Bowden, S.A.
- 2015 Icon Of South Australia Exhibition. S.A.H.M.R.I. Building, Adelaide C.B.D.
- 2014 Prism. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2013 Nice Cans. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2012 211212. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2012 Group Dynamics. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2012 DIscombobulated. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2012 Acquired. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2011 Board Writers. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2011 Grapheme. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2010 Busting Out. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2009 Polyurethane. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2009 Skins & Sharpies. Per Square Meter, Collingwood VIC
- 2009 De-Con-Struct. The Grace Emily, Adelaide C.B.D.
- 2009 Writing On The Wall. Cold Krush, Unley S.A.
- 2009 Zhivago Birthday Exhibition. Zhivago, Adelaide C.B.D.
- 2009 No Comply. Red Bull Gallery. Sydney N.S.W
- 2008 Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death. Per Square Meter, Collingwood, VIC
- 2007 Whats Up Your Sleeve #1. Electric Light, Adelaide C.B.D.